To establish and maintain an ongoing dialogue between community stakeholders, local law enforcement, fire department personnel, and elected leaders to foster a safe living and working environment for the community. The Committee will also work to identify, monitor and address various neighborhood public safety concerns related to crime, community policing and emergency services.
Position Papers / Community Impact Statements
- February 1, 2018 - Position letter on fire risks / Homeless Encampments - Request for homeless encampment inspections and enforcements to be cross-jurisdictional in certain high-risk areas of Sylmar:
- February 1, 2018 - Position Letter on fire risks / Vehicle Dwelling - Request to eliminate Vehicle Dwelling in certain high-risk areas of Sylmar and provide regular street sweeping/sanitation services in all areas where vehicle dwelling is allowed by LAMC 85.02
- February 23, 2018 - Community Impact Statement / Nuisance Motels - In support of exploring the feasibility of a regulation program for monitoring crime and other safety issues at motels.
- March 22, 2018 - Community Impact Statement / Illegal Fireworks - Support for the establishment of an Illegal Fireworks Task Force
- March 22, 2018 - Community Impact Statement / Creek and La Tuna Wildfires - In support of expediting the permitting process and granting fee waivers related to the reconstruction of homes and other buildings for individuals who are victims of the La Tuna and Creek wildfires
- March 26, 2018 - CD7 Letter / LAFD Resources for Sylmar - Letter to Councilwoman Rodriguez along with contents of a binder detailing SNC's history on this issue since 2015
- July 26, 2018 - Community Impact Statement / Illegal Fireworks - In support of a Task Force and enhanced enforcement strategies
- July 26, 2018 - Community Impact Statement / Illegal Street Racing - Supporting combatting illegal street racing / review of current ordinances
- January 24, 2019 - Community Impact Statement / Personal Notice to Individuals within the Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone - In support of enforcement actions related to trespassing, etc.
- January 24, 2019 - Community Impact Statement / Skirball Fire, hillside homeless encampments & signage - in support of expedited review and action to prevent encampments with the VHFHSZ
- April 25, 2019 - Community Impact Statement / Pacoima Wash Trespassing - In support of enforcement actions related to trespassing and increased safety infrastructure.
- April 25, 2019 - Community Impact Statement / Assembly Bill 516 - OPPOSITION to AB 516 (Chiu), which would prohibit local jurisdictions from towing vehicles that have five or more unpaid parking citations, registration that is six months or more out of date, or that have been left on a public street for over 72 hours without being moved.
- April 25, 2019 - Community Impact Statement / Vending Regulations - Neutral position, with public safety related recommendations to Regulations / Ordinance
Meetings (Agendas, Minutes, Documents)
→ View Calendar
If you would like to be notified of our meetings and receive agendas via email, click here and sign up by checking the Sylmar NC box.